Wednesday 26 August 2020

Narrative Writing.

 Nowhere To Run.


I approached slowly, the dark building on the left, where I heard a thud rush past me. I saw some old mossy steps ahead and rushed up them prepared for anything to happen. I peeked around the corner of the walls.  There I saw some tall, ancient stone doors. I strode up to them and pushed my weight against them and they slowly creaked open. I was astonished by what I saw in front of me. Pacing through the tall doorway, I saw something move. Not sure what it was, I was aware of what might happen. The doors closed behind me with a crash. I ran back to try and open them but they wouldn't move.

 

“Who's there?” I demanded.  There was no response.


I asked again “who's there?” There was still no response.

 After waiting for about a minute something jerked me forward, I felt my whole world falling. Crash, I landed on the ground. Stumbling to my feet I glanced around, but all I could see was the darkness. I just sat against the wall with tears filling my eyes.

 “I’m never going to get out of here,” I said to myself. I stood up and started walking with my hands in front of me, so I wouldn’t crash into anything.


“Ouch” I kicked my toe on something. I knelt down to try and figure out what it was.  I think they are steps.  “This must have been what I fell down earlier,” I said to myself. 

I sprinted up the stairs, my feet going clic, clac, clic. When I got to the top something brushed past my leg. “Ahhhhh” I screamed. “Who-whos  the-there?” I asked.

I heard whispers coming from behind me which made me feel dizzy and made my heart beat 100 miles per hour. I tried to turn around but only then I realised that my whole body was frozen with fear.  I couldn’t even move my mouth to talk. When I unfroze I flung my body forward and started running. I ran down the stairs across the hallway and into a small room. By now my eyes have adjusted to the dark. I ran my hands quickly across the walls to see if there were any trap doors but it turns out not all ancient buildings have them. As I heard the mysterious creature striding towards me I started running again, my arms and legs shaking, but I knew I had to keep going. I was running straight to a dead end but didn’t know it at the time, only as I got closer I realised…. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.